Laminate flooring has quickly become one of the most popular flooring types in new houses and for remodeling projects. Not only does it have a strong surface and capacity for rough wear without the damage inherent in wooden floors, it looks great, too. Most laminate flooring comes with a 25 year warranty against wearing, fading and staining.
Here are ten reasons to install laminate floor in your home:
- Durability: Laminate flooring is a durable surface and has become the common choice for homes with children or pets. This flooring features a tough surface layer to provide scratch and dent resistance. Most laminate flooring comes with a 25 year warranty against wear and damage.
- Fade Resistance: Sun exposure will not cause laminate flooring to fade. Since you don’t have to use harsh cleaning products on the laminate, the finish will last longer and stay cleaner.
- Stain Resistance: Laminate flooring comes with a stain-resistant coating making cleaning up spills quick and easy.
- Installation.Installing laminate flooring requires no special tools or training. They use a simple tongue and groove locking system on top of existing floors or sub-floors. Since little cutting is required, there is minimum of dust and it is quick to install.
- Maintenance: Laminate flooring is easy to clean and maintain. Already finished, a damp mopping or vacuum job will keep the floor clean. It doesn’t need sanding or any of the traditional maintenance methods of hard wood flooring. Damage to the flooring can be touched up or, if extensive, the flooring plank or section can be replaced.
- Economy: In addition to being less expensive than hardwood flooring, laminate flooring is also a long term value with a warranted life span encompassing at least 25 years. The cost of installation is lowered as this can easily be approached as a do it your self project.
- Health concerns: Laminate flooring provides a healthy alternative to hardwood or carpeted floor by making cleaning ups easier and more thorough. Laminate flooring is a good choice for people who suffer allergies.
- Finish: The finish on laminate flooring is a photographic imitation of natural materials. The patterns are printed on the laminate and include wood patterns, such as knotty pine, as well as ceramic and stone.
Since the finish on laminate flooring is a photographic finish, there is a huge range of options for finishes. Instead of having to pay more for more exotic wood finishes or patterns, the cost remains stable no matter what finish you are wanting for your floor.
When it comes to finishing the floors of your home, whether it is new or you are just remodeling, finding laminate flooring manufacturer that fit your needs without breaking your bank is critical a step.