Floors are often the least considered aspect of designs concerning interior design of offices, but that doesn’t have to be the case. Flooring designs are important as part of the interior design solution for an office. They can decide upon the type of impression you plan on making on your clients and employees. The effort you put into your flooring designs and quality will reflect on how much effort you put into your organization as well. The next few tips will help you put the right kind of attention on your office flooring:
• You will need to make your choice according to your type of office. Depending on what kind of office you have to work with, different flooring would fit better. If you have a medical business for example, you may want to use vinyl flooring due to its ease of cleaning. Travels and tours offices may on the other hand go for classic wooden floors, due to their warmth and good looks. Before you jump into working on your flooring you should figure out the function of what you’re going for.
• The next thing you must consider is the sense of harmony in your office when you design its interiors. If the flooring is not quite in harmony with the surroundings, then it will stick out in a very unflattering way. Do you have a minimalistic, cool corporate style office? Then you should go for textured flooring. If you actually have a lot of employees and you need a lot of furniture, then you will need to go for a more neutral and sturdy design. There is hardly a single solution in terms of office flooring, so you will need to adapt to the situation.
• Try to stay away from sharp and vivid colors, unless you’re really going for a more strategic placement of creativity and making a statement through it.
• You should use different materials for different rooms. For example, you can’t use the same type of flooring for the break room as you would for your reception area. The difference is not only in price, but also in function and sturdiness. After all, the break room will see more use and may even have spills happening that will need to be cleaned often, therefore you will need to look for something more practical than flashy.
• You should only use carpets wherever its necessary. There is a reason for that, since carpets will take significantly longer to maintain as well as much more efforts. Their durability will also suffer more in time. Try to use them in strategic locations or use higher quality carpeting to ensure you handle things more effectively.
• Last but not least, you should pay special attention to the overall budget you have available to work with. Make your choices wisely and think of future maintenance and its costs when you do so.