Flooring maintenance and cleaning has become an essential part of daily housework since more and more consumers choose laminate flooring as their decoration materials. But many people are not clear about how to make the right maintenance and how to clean laminate flooring correctly. Even worse, some improper methods have shortened the lifespan of laminate flooring largely. Today I will give some tips on how to maintain and clean laminate wood flooring.
Laminate Flooring Maintenance
- Keep the floors in dry status. Never use too much water to clean the floor or impregnate floors with water for long. Put a rug in front of the door to avoid more dust being taking in.
- Keep indoor air circulation frequently if your floors are installed recently because it will help to lengthen the lifespan of laminate flooring.
- In dry districts or seasons use humidifier to moisten the air, or you could use half wet rag to wipe the floor.
- Laminate flooring doesn’t need any maintenance of painting or waxing. Polishing by abrasive paper is also forbidden. Furniture is supposed to be laid on floor steadily, and never drag furniture from one place to the other directly along the floor. Meanwhile, avoid using sharp tools or nail shoes to scratch floors.
- Keep the floor clean and beautiful. Avoid any burnings by cigarette because it’s quite difficult to repair the burned part. Besides, don’t throw gum onto floors casually for it’s also a big problem to solve.
Laminate Flooring Cleaning
- Use vacuum cleaner or broom to clean the dust on floor firstly. Then use half wet mop or rag to wipe the floor. After wiping is finished, open the window to strengthen the air circulation so that the moisture left by wiping could be taken away by air.
- After a period of usage, there may be stain left on the floor. If the stain is very dirty, you may try some water that has been used to wash rice. You could clean the floor with a rag that has been dipped with this type of water or just spray this water onto floor, then wait for 5 minutes. 5 minutes later, clean the floor with dry rag.
- If there is gum sticking on the floor, you could put some ice on it for a moment, then scrape the gum away gently, after that, wipe the floor with wet rag. If there is paint stain or oil stain, you could use some detergent which is specially used for paint or oil stain. But never use strongly acidic or strongly alkali detergent to clean laminate flooring.